Remember, you can automatically download podcasts of Philosophy in Action Radio by subscribing to Philosophy in Action’s Podcast RSS Feed:
- Enhanced M4A Feed: Subscribe via iTunes or another podcast player
- Standard MP3 Feed: Subscribe via iTunes or another podcast player
The power to concentrate is not a natural talent: it’s a skill that people need to cultivate. Here, I discuss methods for cultivating your power to concentrate.
Listen or Download:
- Duration: 26:59
- Download: Standard MP3 File (9.3 MB)
- Tags: Concentration, Focus, Free Will, Habits, Psycho-Epistemology
- The question
- The mind as malleable
- Focus versus concentration
- Cultivating mental skills and habits
- Eliminating distractions
- Eliminating internal conflicts
- Gentle reminders
- Find pleasure in your work
The mission of Philosophy in Action is to spread rational principles for real life… far and wide. That’s why the vast majority of my work is available to anyone, free of charge. I love doing the radio show, but each episode requires an investment of time, effort, and money to produce. So if you enjoy and value that work of mine, please contribute to the tip jar. I suggest $5 per episode or $20 per month, but any amount is appreciated. In return, contributors can request that I answer questions from the queue pronto, and regular contributors enjoy free access to premium content and other goodies.
About Philosophy in Action Radio
Philosophy in Action Radio focuses on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life. It broadcasts live on most Sunday mornings and many Thursday evenings over the internet. For information on upcoming shows, visit the Episodes on Tap. For podcasts of past shows, visit the Show Archives.