For Thursday’s episode of Philosophy in Action Radio, I posted a preview of my discussion of “Argument from Miracles for the Existence of God, Part 1.” That preview is now available for streaming or downloading, and the full podcast is available for purchase.
Remember, you can automatically download podcasts of Philosophy in Action Radio by subscribing to Philosophy in Action’s Podcast RSS Feed:
- Enhanced M4A Feed: Subscribe via iTunes or another podcast player
- Standard MP3 Feed: Subscribe via iTunes or another podcast player
Podcast Preview: 9 April 2015
Do reports of miracles prove the existence of God? Most people of faith appeal to the miracles of their faith as grounds for their belief. Here, I consider what miracles are, how they are supposed to prove God’s existence, and raise some concerns about them.
This podcast is one of the ReligionCasts – my series of podcasts on the philosophy of religion. Below, you can preview the podcast for free. Then, purchase access to my whole series of 16 podcasts (8 free, 8 premium) for just $10. (Regular contributors to Philosophy in Action’s Tip Jar should email me for free access.)
Listen or Download:
- Duration: 11:01 (Preview) / 40:39 (Full Podcast)
- Download Preview: Standard MP3 File (3.8 MB)
- Tags: Argument from Ignorance, Christianity, Confirmation Bias, Epistemology, God, Metaphysics, Miracles, Objectivity, Philosophy, Religion, Special Pleading, Theology
- PDF of Relevant Readings for This Episode
- Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology by Ayn Rand
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Cynical-C: Where’s Jesus?
Purchase the PodcastMy podcast series on philosophy of religion – a.k.a. the “ReligionCasts” – is is available for purchase for $10. (The first eight podcasts in the series are free to all, while the latter eight are premium content.) If you contribute to Philosophy in Action’s Tip Jar via recurring weekly or monthly contributions (or the equivalent), please email me for free access.
Terms of Sale: You may share the podcast with members of your household, but not beyond that. Do not ever post the podcast or login credentials in any public forum.
About Philosophy in Action Radio
Philosophy in Action Radio focuses on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life. It broadcasts live on most Sunday mornings and many Thursday evenings over the internet. For information on upcoming shows, visit the Episodes on Tap. For podcasts of past shows, visit the Show Archives.