On the news tonight, the word is that the winds are supposed to turn back towards us on Tuesday. There is no rain in sight. So my fanciful hopes that I might somehow be able to attend the IHS seminar have been dashed. I was immensely looking forward to attending, but I suppose that I’ll have to wait until next year.
But, at least things are calm enough tonight that I’ll be able to attend the public meeting at the Castle Rock Elementary School without packing up the dogs and cats into the car. I might even be able to run a few errands at the same time.
Even though I haven’t been riding much lately, I desperately miss the horses. (They are over at Mike Paul’s farm, as he will be able to move them quickly out of danger if needed. I still haven’t gotten around to buying a horse trailer.) The barn is ghostly empty, with unfinished hay in the hay racks from Monday morning. Perhaps I’ll go visit them tomorrow, if everything seems calm here.